The Nevada Revised Statutes and Nevada Administrative Code govern the scope and requirements for perfecting a storage or mechanic’s lien. A “mechanic’s lien” is a statutory lien used to secure payment of provided labor, service, material, equipment, or storage.
ARE YOU A PROPER MECHANIC'S LIEN CLAIMANT?
You are entitled to assert a storage or mechanic’s lien if:
• You are licensed;
• You provided labor, services, storage, equipment, and/or materials to a motor vehicle, motorcycle, RV, boat, trailer or OHV;
• Materials were intended for and used on the unit; and
• The work was performed with the consent of the owner or the owner’s agent.
In addition to the above, the lien claimant MUST also be in compliance with the following:
• The lien claimant must be in physical possession of the motor vehicle, motorcycle, RV, boat, trailer or OHV;
• The online E-app must be executed by the lien claimant before the lien order becomes effective;
• Payment must be received before the lien order becomes effective;
• The repair order or storage agreement contains the VIN or HIN of the unit subject to lien; and
• The repair order or storage agreement contains the signature of the individual that authorized the labor, services, storage, equipment, and/or materials.
The deadline for receipt of storage/mechanic’s lien orders are by 10am on the 1st and 15th day of each month. Liens will begin processing on these dates. Expedite lien service is available for liens that require urgency and will be processed immediately upon receipt. Nevada State Liens is closed on weekends and major holidays. Please check your calendar to ensure timely receipt of lien orders.